The University Council, Management and Staff are pleased to warmly welcome our first year students 2023/2024 academic year to the JKUAT family. Congratulations and welcome to your University of Choice! You worked hard to competitively secure your admission to JKUAT and we look forward to having you on board as you pursue all your academic endeavors.
We would like to inform you that registration will be done in person on 4th September 2023. Below is the information you need to successfully register as a student . Kindly keep checking this webpage as important information will be continually communicated here.
All Government Sponsored students are eligible for a government Scholarship, Loan and Bursary to assist with your educational expenses. Those in need of government financial support, MUST make an application for consideration through the official website www.hef.co.ke.
The Reporting Date is 4/9/2023
To be considered fully registered for the semester, students are supposed to:
- Pay fees into the bank accounts specified in the next section.
- Create a student’s account on the admission system and upload all relevant documents.
Important communication from the University to the Students is always done through the students’ JKUAT email. All students are required to activate their emails and regularly check their mails for any communication from their Colleges/Schools/Departments.
To access most resources at the University e.g. online library, WIFI etc students will be required to use their JKUAT email accounts.
- For details on how to create and activate your Email: https://emailgen.jkuat.ac.ke/
INTER UNIVERSITY TRANSFER
All students who have applied to join JKUAT through Inter University transfer and have received their confirmation letter from KUCCPS should check for their admission letters on https\\:admission.jkuat.ac.ke
Kindly note that there is no need to come to the University to collect the letter as the letter along with other admission documents will be uploaded to your account on the admission system, admission.jkuat.ac.ke.
For assistance kindly contact us through our Social Media Channels via @Discover JKUAT on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, call 0709 715 815or Email email@example.com
Orientation will begin on 5th September 2023 at the Assembly Hall. Students will be addressed by the University Management and their respective school administrators as well.
THE VICE CHANCELLOR’S ADDRESS to all first year Students will also be done during Orientation.
All students are required to have a laptop/tablet to enable them access the online learning resources.
Taifa Laptops are available for purchase from the University at a cost of 37,500/=. The Laptops will be collected at JKUAT Main Campus, COHES Building 4th Floor after submitting the slip to the Students Finance Office.
Room booking for the first year 2023 cohort will be on the 29th of August 2023 at 12 pm. Hostel booking will be done online through the official Hostel portal https://hostel.jkuat.ac.ke/.
- NOTE: ALL FIRST YEARS ARE ADVISED TO UPDATE THEIR DETAILS ON THIS ADMISSION SYSTEM AS THE SAME DETAILS(email used in admission system and registration number ) WILL BE USED TO LOGIN TO THE ACCOMMODATION SITE FOR ROOM BOOKING:
- Rooms will be displayed for booking online https://hostel.jkuat.ac.ke/:
- All reservations will be done online on First come First Served basis
- Email used on the admission site will be used to login and your registration number
- Payment details will be available once your reservation is successful
- Information on private hostels has been provided. Download and make personal arrangements in advance
- NOTE: You are also advised NOT to pay accommodation fees of Ksh.6,500 until you have been allocated a room. All payments will be done through the official University bank account numbers as appears in your fees structures.
Please do not pay for University accommodation until you have been allocated a room.
- Official reporting day for all new students will be on 4/9/2023.
- Room booking for the 1st Year 2023 cohort will be on the 29th of August 2023 at 12 pm
CUSTOMER CARE & USER SUPPORT CHANNELS
Contact Centre Number: 0709 715 815 OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with us on Social Media for updates on what’s happening on Campus via these channels:
Facebok: Discover JKUAT
Youtube: Discover JKUAT
Prof. Robert Kinyua, PhD.
Deputy Vice Chancellor(AA)