The University Council, Management and Staff are pleased to warmly welcome our first year students 2021/2022 academic year to the JKUAT family. Congratulations and welcome to your University of Choice! You worked hard to competitively secure your admission to JKUAT and we look forward to having you on board as you pursue all your academic endeavors.
Due to the prevailing COVID 19 pandemic, we would like to inform you that registration and learning for the first semester will be done both online and in person. Below is the information you need to successfully register as a student and access the online learning platform. Kindly keep checking this webpage as important information will be continually communicated here.
The registration process is online and started on 29th August 2021 . The Reporting Date is 6th September 2021
To be considered fully registered for the semester, students are supposed to:
- Pay fees into the bank accounts specified in the next section.
- Create a student’s account on the admission system and upload all relevant documents.
Important communication from the University to the Students is always done through the students’ JKUAT email. All students are required to activate their emails and regularly check their mails for any communication from their Colleges/Schools/Departments.
To access most resources at the University e.g. online library, WIFI etc students will be required to use their JKUAT email accounts.
- For details on how to create and activate your Email: https://emailgen.jkuat.ac.ke/
INTER UNIVERSITY TRANSFER
All students who have applied to join JKUAT through Inter University transfer and have received their confirmation letter from KUCCPS should check for their admission letters on https\\:admission.jkuat.ac.ke
Kindly note that there is no need to come to the University to collect the letter as the letter along with other admission documents will be uploaded to your account on the admission system.
For assistance kindly contact us through our Social Media Channels via @Discover JKUAT on Facebook and Twitter or call 0709 715 815
THE VICE CHANCELLOR’S ADDRESS IS TOMORROW FRIDAY, 10TH SEPTEMBER 2021. KINDLY ATTEND USING THIS LINK: https://stream.meet.google.com/stream/d28a7379-7e79-4910-b005-3307e9ea6e73
All students are required to pay their fees into the following bank accounts. DO NOT PAY THROUGH BANK AGENTS.
- Absa Bank Account Number: 0775001216
- KCB Account Number: 1107589177
- KCB (Taifa Laptop Only) Account Number: 1107589045
- Cooperative Bank of Kenya Account Number: 01129098952900
- Equity Bank Account Number: 0090291251426
- National Bank of Kenya Account Number: 0100359580600
ENSURE YOU INDICATE YOUR REGISTRATION NUMBER WHEN PAYING.
All students are required to have a laptop/tablet to enable them access the online learning resources.
Taifa Laptops are available for purchase from the University at a cost of 43,000/= The money should be paid into KCB Account Number 1107589045 (Laptop Fee Only). The Laptops will be collected at JKUAT Main Campus, COHES Building 4th Floor after submitting the slip to the Students Finance Office.
Hostel booking is currently Not Available. The Official Hostel Booking day for all new students was on 31/8/2021 from 12.00pm.
- NOTE: ALL FIRST YEARS ARE ADVISED TO UPDATE THEIR DETAILS ON THIS ADMISSION SYSTEM AS THE SAME DETAILS(email used in admission system and registration number ) WILL BE USED TO LOGIN TO THE ACCOMMODATION SITE FOR ROOM BOOKING:
- Rooms will be displayed for booking online https://hostel.jkuat.ac.ke/:
All reservations will be done online on First come first served basis
- Email used on the admission site will be used to login and your registration number
- Payment details will be available once your reservation is successful
- Information on private hostels has been provided. Download and make personal arrangements in advance
- NOTE: You are also advised NOT to pay accommodation fees of Ksh.6,500 until you have been allocated a room. All payments will be done through the official University bank account numbers as appears in your fees structures.
Please do not pay for University accommodation until you have been allocated a room.
- Official reporting day for all new students will be on 6/9/2021.
CUSTOMER CARE & USER SUPPORT CHANNELS
College Of Engineering &Technology (COETEC): email@example.com
School of Architecture & Building Sciences (SABS) firstname.lastname@example.org
College of Health Sciences (COHES) email@example.com
College of Pure & Applied Sciences (COPAS) firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Computing & Information Technology (SCIT) email@example.com
College of Agriculture & Natural Resources (COANRE) firstname.lastname@example.org
College of Human Resource Development (COHRED) email@example.com
Contact Centre Number: 0709 715 815
Connect with us on Social Media for updates on what’s happening on Campus via these channels:
Facebok: Discover JKUAT
Youtube: Discover JKUAT
Prof. Robert Kinyua, PhD.
Deputy Vice Chancellor(AA)