Name: Mr. James Odero Ochieng
Qualifications: Phd (Ongoing), MSc (Nursing), BScN
Address: Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology,
P.O. Box 62000-00200, Kenya
Cellphone: +254 723202327
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
General interest in Clinical Health Research, Nursing research and Epidemiological studies.
Specific interest areas include: Molecular epidemiology of HPV Isolates, trends in palliative & oncology care in Kenya, and involvement of nurses in education, clinical & research
I. Peer Reviewed Publications as Co- author:
1. Elizabeth M. Obimbo et. al: Predictors of early mortality in a cohort of human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected african children (2004) PMID: 15194835; PMCID: PMC3380074; DOI: 10.1097/01.inf.0000129692.42964.30
2. C. M. Ndeti, J. Odero, C. Kituyi, M. Ndirangu, M. Barasa, G. Kinuthia, Daystar University, E. M. Maina, V. C. S. Nyambati, and C. O. Anjili. (2016). EFFICACY OF COMBINATION THERAPY USING EXTRACTS OF ALOE SECUNDIFLORA ENG L. AND CALLISTEMON CITRINUS WILLIAM C. IN LEISHMANIA MAJOR INFECTED BALB/C MICE: East African Medical Journal, 93(2):110-113.
3. Rose Mutu Ngene-Kinoti, M. Kyalo, J. Odero (2022). Knowledge and Attitude regarding End of Life Care among Advanced Cancer patients in Kenyatta National Hospital: East African Medical Journal, Vol 99(1)
II. Publications as abstracts in conferences:
1. Odero O. James (BScN, MScN)1; Bor, C. Monica (Dip. KRCHN, BScN)2: Factors influencing male partner participation in PMTCT at General Provincial Hospital, Kakamega, Kenya (NNAK Scientific Conference 2010).
III. Conferences and workshops attended:
1. National Nurses Association of Kenya Annual Scientific Conference 2010, Kagumo, Kenya
2. National Nurses Association of Kenya Annual Scientific Conference 2011, Nairobi, Kenya
3. Regional Palliative and Oncology care Scientific Conference 2014, Nairobi, Kenya
IV. Ongoing Research
• PhD Clinical Research: “Epidemiology of cervical dysplasia and molecular characterization of HPV and HIV Isolates among women aged 15 – 49 Years at JOOTRH in Kisumu County”.
• Ethical challenges associated with withholding truth at the end of life care for cancer patients in Kenya