Name: Dr. Peter Karanja Kamau, Ph.D.
Area of specialization: Medical Microbiology.
Designation: Lecturer in Medical Laboratory Sciences Department teaching Bacteriology, Mycology, Medical parasitology, and epidemiology units.
Research interests: Antimicrobial and immunomoduratory activities in Medicinal plants.
1. Kamau, P.K., Ng’ang’a, Z., Njeruh, F.M. & Kirira, P.G. (2020). An Assessment of Antibacterial and Antifungal activity of Methanolic Extracts of Kenyan Physalis peruviana L. International Journal of Traditional and Natural Medicines, 10(1), 1-12.
2. Kamau, P.K., Ng’ang’a, Z., Njeruh, F.M. & John, T. (2020). In vitro antiplasmodial, cytotoxicity assay and partial chemical characterization of Kenyan Physalis peruviana L. (Solanaceae family) extracts. Journal of Medicinal Plants Research, 14(2), 73-80.
3. Kamau, P.K., Ng’ang’a, Z., Njeruh, F.M, Kirira, P.G. & John, T. (2018). Evaluation of safety of aqueous, methanol, and dichloromethane crude extracts of the Kenyan Physalis peruviana L. (Cape gooseberry) in male Wistar albino rats. European Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical Research, 5(1), 110-116.
4. Kamau, P.K., Ng’ang’a, Z., Njeruh, F.M, Kirira, P.G. & John, T. (2017). Antimicrobial evaluation and phytochemical screening of aqueous and dichloromethane crude extracts of Kenyan Physalis peruviana L. (Cape gooseberry). IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS), 16(5), 101-109.
5. Kamau, P.K., Muli,F.M., Gathura, P.B and Ngeranwa, J.J.N.(2007). Assessment of
Bacteriological and Physico-chemical qualities of stand-pipe drinking water stored in Huruma Food Kiosks of Nairobi- Kenya. A Journal of the Kenyan Veterinary Association, 31(1), 1-44.
6. Kamau, P.K. (1994). Microbiological Assessment of Drinking water from Boreholes and storage Tanks in Kinoo location, Kiambu District, Kenya.
7. Gathura, P.B, and Kamau, P.K. (1993). Microbiological quality of stored rainwater from areas around Nairobi, Kenya.
Professional affiliation: Kenya Medical Laboratory Technician and Technologist Board (KMLTTB) – Registered to Practice; Reg. No.A0541.
Contact address: Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences of Kenyatta University of Agriculture & Technology, P.O. Box 62000-00200, Nairobi, Kenya.
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org