(Africa Union – african innovation – JKUAT and PAUSTI Network Project)
The iCB- JICA PhD Fellowships Programme
The Innovation Centre for Bio-resources (iCB) is one of the three research centers of the “AFRICA-ai-JAPAN” initiative supported by the Japan International Corporation Agency (JICA), with the mission to build capacity of students and staff within the shared JKUAT and PAUSTI community. The centre was established last year with the aim of advancing agricultural and related research through innovative bio-transformation of majorly locally available resources.
The iCB sub-taskforce is looking for young, highly talented and motivated candidates from the Faculty OF Agriculture who wish to do their PhD within the iCB PhD Fellowship Programme. This fellowship is offered under the “AFRICA-ai- JAPAN Project” within JICA longterm training programme.
The scholarship is tenable in a Japanese University
The applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Candidates MUST hold a Master’s degree in the areas Agricultural sciences.
- Candidates MUST be academic members of staff of JKUAT/PAUSTI.
In case of questions about the eligibility criteria, applicants should contact the iCB Management Team at email@example.com prior to submission of the application.
All applications must be received 1700HRS, 12th June, 2015 at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com . The applications must be submitted in one PDF format document containing the following information:
An application letter indicating motivation to join this programme
- Concept note agricultural sciences
- The Curriculum Vitae, specifying the completed degree and any relevant information (previous fellowships, mobility, professional experience, etc.) and two contact references (Name, Institution, Position, email).
- Two reference letters from the referees proposed by the candidate. The referees must submit their scanned signed letters of recommendation directly to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Copies of academic testimonials and if not in English should be translated.
- Evidence of affiliation to the university through a letter of appointment and recommendation from head of department.
Evidence of publication will be an added advantage
Shortlisted candidates may be invited to make a five minutes presentation on their concept notes.
Late applications as well as incomplete applications will not be considered.
For more clarification on iCB, please visit: www.jkuat.ac.ke/projects/africa-ai-japan
AFRICA-ai-JAPAN PROJECT OFFICE, JKUAT
P.O Box 62000-00200, Nairobi, Kenya
2nd Floor Engineering Laboratory Building (ELB 213)
@Task Force/JICA Project Office