Developing image analysis and pattern recognition methodologies, Geostatistics, Geographic Information Systems and development of real-time orthometric height determination techniques from Global Position System (GPS). Current frontier in geo-information discipline is to disseminate spatial data through the internet therefore web mapping and crowd sourcing are one of my new interests.
- Consultant in developing land-cover maps from Landsat images for Green House Gas inventory.
- Mapping of small scale farms from microwave and optical images for enhanced food security in central highlands of Kenya.
- Detection of built-up areas from microwave and optical images using conditional random fields.
- Role of open source in GIS education; an alternative or an opportunity.
- Use of open source in dissemination of spatial data over the internet.
- Real-time orthometric height determination using GPS.
- Kenduiywo B. K., Seasonal Crop Type Inventory Mapping from multi- temporal TerraSAR-X images; a case study of Kitale. In RCMRD International Conference: Space touching lives, Nairobi, 27–29 September 2017. RCMRD.
- Kirui Pius Kipngetich, Kenduiywo B. K., and Waithaka Edward Hunja.An Overview Comparison of Spatial and Conventional Regression Models in Determination of Trachoma Prevalence and Associated Risk Factors. Geoinformatics & Geostatistics,5(5):1–5, October 2017.
Kenduiywo, B. K., D. Bargiel, and U. Soergel. Higher order Dynamic Conditional Random Fields ensemble for crop type classification in radar images. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, PP(99):1–17, 2017. View Abstract
- Kenduiywo, B. K., D. Bargiel, and U. Soergel. Crop Type Mapping from a Sequence of Terrasar-X Images with Dynamic Conditional Random Fields. ISPRS Annals of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, 3(7):59–66, 2016.
- Kenduiywo,B.K.,Matthias Becker;Uwe Seorgel,Spatial-temporal Dynamic Conditional Random Fields crop type mapping using radar images , 2016 View Full Text
- Kenduiywo,B.K.,Chia-Hsiang Yang, Uwe Soergel, Change detection based on persistent scatterer interferometry – a new method of monitoring building changes
- Kenduiywo, B. K., Damian Bargiel, Uwe Soergel. Spatial-Temporal Conditional Random Fields Crop Classification From Terrasar-X Imgaes Joint ISPRS Conference, V2, 79-86, 2015. View Abstract.
- Kenduiywo, B. K., Tolpekin, V. A. and Stein, A. Detection of built-up area in optical and synthetic aperture radar images using conditional random fields. Journal of Applied Remote Sensing, 8(1), 083672-083672, 2014. View Abstract.
- Kenduiywo, B. K., Nduati E. and Mundia C., Land-Cover Mapping Using Landsat For Sustainable Green House Gas (GHG) Inventory Development. In Proceedings of Global Geospatial Conference (GSDI 14), Addis Ababa, November, 2013. View Full Paper.
- Eunice Nduati, Mundia C. Ngigi M. and Kenduiywo B. K., A Remote Sensing-based approach to Evaluation of Trends and Impacts of Land Surface changes in the Mara Ecosystem. In Proceedings of Global Geospatial Conference (GSDI 14), Addis Ababa, November, 2013. View Full Paper.
- Kenduiywo,B.K.,Waithaka E., and Odera P., Orthometric Height Determination using GPS to Fast Track Development: a Case study of Nairobi County, Kenya. In Proceedings of Global Geospatial Conference (GSDI 14), Addis Ababa, November, 2013. View Full Paper.
- Wahome V. W. and Kenduiywo B. K. FUEL STATION INVENTORY MAPPING FOR DATA MANAGEMENT AND COMPLIANCE ENFORCEMENT. In ESRI Eastern Africa Education User Conference, Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya, September, 2013. View Full Paper.
- Kenduiywo, B.K.,Detection of built-up areas in SAR and optical images using conditional random fields. Master’s thesis, University of Twente faculty Geo-information Science and Earth Observation, Enschede, Netherlands, March 2012. View Fulltext.
- Kenduiywo, B. K., Valentyn A. Tolpekin, and Alfred Stein. Detection of built-up area expansion in ASTER and SAR images using conditional random fields. In Procedings of Image and Signal Processing for Remote Sensing XVIII, volume 8537, 2012. View Abstract.
MSc Project Supervisions
- Kirui K. Pius (2017). An Overview Comparison of Spatial and Conventional Regression Models in Determination of Trachoma Prevalence and Associated Risk Factors
- Mweresa I. Asige (2017). Estimation of Tree Distribution and Canopy Heights in Ifakara, Tanzania using UAS (Unmanned Aerial Systems) Stereo Imagery
- Mbani Benson (2017). Predictive crime mapping using artificially intelligent agents
BSc Project Supervisions
- Bosire F. Machuki (2013). Use of GIS in the nuclear power plant site selection in Kenya, A Case Study in coast province.
- Ezekiel Gogo (2013). Using GIS and remote sensing to monitor the effect of changes in land use – land cover on beef farming: A case study: Kajiado County.
- Eric C. Kathurima (2013). Optimized Siting of Earth Dams in ASAL Regions Using GIS and MCDA Case study: Tharaka District, Tharaka Nithi County.