Partnerships to strengthen university food and nutrition science training and research in Eastern and Southern Africa (PASUFONS) is a 42- month project, funded by the European Union, under the secretariat of the African, Caribbean, and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and ACP-EU Cooperation Programme in Higher Education (EDULINK II). The project is being implemented in Makerere University-Uganda, Jomo Kenyatta University of Science and Technology-Kenya, and Stellenbosch University-South Africa.
PASUFONS is currently seeking dynamic qualified individual to fill the following position, as part of its team.
Position: Part time project assistant
Reports to: Project institutional coordinator
Duty station: Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology-Kenya
- Provide administrative support to the institutional coordinator.
- Compile and submit narrative and financial reports to the project manager.
- Overall record management.
- Organise meetings and workshops as and when scheduled.
- Collect and update information for the project website.
- Facilitate internal communication (liaise) with the institution, as well as communication with partners.
- Assist in identification and procurement of project equipment.
Qualification and skills
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized university.
- Demonstrate computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft office applications.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and meet deadlines with attention to details and quality.
- Experience in project management is an added advantage.
Interested persons are requested to submit their updated CV’s indicating their qualifications, previous work experience, email and telephone contacts, and contacts of two referees who are well known to them. This should be submitted to the Chairman, Department of Food Science and Technology through the email address: email@example.com and copied to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th February 2016.
The successful applicant will be expected to report by 20th of February 2016. The appointment will run from February to November 2016.