Make sure you type your registration number exactly as printed on your admission letter. There are no Spaces, Letters O or underscores (_) in the registration numbers.
KINDLY NOTE: It is MANDATORY to always use your student email to make any queries concerning university services for verification purposes not personal email unless you are requesting for Student Email Password Reset/ Student email creation as indicated in Problem No2.
It is your Responsibility to Activate your student email as indicated in Step 1 and remember the student email address and the password that you change to.
Steps to Follow:
Step 1. To know your student email and how to access it, Kindly click on Activate Your Student Email link and follow exactly as per given Login instructions OR in the University Website under Highlights you will see the link. NOTE: Whenever you forget your correct email address always go back to this first step.
Those who changed or want to change their Courses click on this Change of Course for further instructions.
Step 2. Once you get your student email, you need to login to the Student Portal for some of the services indicated on its login page.
Step 3: For the Postgraduate Students use e-resources credentials Exactly as indicated on its Login page.
For any Portal/E-resources issues, you should always forward your query to portal email address(not the Admin one) indicated on its login page using your student email address only for Verification Purposes. Emails sent to portal email using personal emails will not be addressed.
PROBLEMS (Errors Displayed):
In case you experience a problem, respond exactly as indicated below on each issue for easier assistance.
1. If you get error message “No Emails Details Found” at step 1;
Send your full names and correct registration number (EXACTLY as printed on your admission letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. If you get wrong password OR email not recognized/Couldn’t find your Google Account when accessing your student email; then Give your student email address (as indicated in step 1) and correct registration number to email@example.com to have password reset or email created.
3. PORTAL: If you have the student email but get error message “wrong username or password” FIRST confirm that you are using the Correct Username (john.doe@students) as displayed on the Login Page. If still shows same problem after this confirmation or “Error 500” Strictly use your student email indicating your registration number and the error message displayed to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Library Self Registration, you need to have your student email first then send request to their(library’s) email for the steps on how to go about it. Get their contacts from Library website. Better still you can visit the University Library to be assisted by the Librarians.
- a) For Any issue with Biodata or this System or Admission Queries/Fees structures use the email address given on Online Application and Admission Letters login page found on the University Website NOT Student Admin Email address as that office does not deal with that system OR
- b) For Any Academic/Admissions QueriesGo to Jkuat Websiteunder Contacts get telephone numbers for Registrars (AA) or Customer Care office numbers and inquire from them OR visit their/CC offices at Administration Block A. This is Mandatory Step before Graduating.