SCHOOL OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES
To be a global centre of excellence in training, research, innovation and consultancy services in physical science for development in order to realize sustainable and secure livelihoods.
To offer quality training, research and innovation in order to produce leaders in the field of physical Science to suit the needs of a dynamic world.
Our Core Values
The School of physical Sciences is committed to realizing its vision and mission. It operates within the following core values:
• Productivity and teamwork
• Transparency and Accontability.
• Self Development and Hard Work
Our Strategic Objectives
The School of physical science is guided by the following principals in order to achieve its vision;
• To efficiently deliver all its activities and programmes
• To produce quality and wholistic graduates in all the areas related to physics and chemistry
• Advance and consolidate scientific and technological innovations in Chemistry and Physics.
• To inculcate the culture of integrity, effectiveness and efficiency in staff and students in the school.
• To establish linkages with other universities, research institutions and industries
• To promote teamwork amongst staff and students
• To motivate staff for self development and hard work
The School of Physical Sciences will endeavour to attract, Develop, motivate and Retain a multi- skilled workforce and nurture a consultative working environment. The school will also adopt ethical standards, best practices latest up to date and appropriate technology and strive to contribute to the community to realize both her vision and Mission.
Setting trends in Higher Education . Research and Innovation
• To provide facilities for the university education in physical sciences
• To participate in the discovery, transmission and preservation of knowledge and to stimulate the intellectual participation of students in the scientific development of Kenya.
• To conduct examination for such academic awards as may be provided in the statutes , pertaining to the university and to examine and make proposals for the establishment of new departments, resource and research centers, new degree courses or new subject of study.
Our Academic Departments
• Department of Chemistry
• Department of Physics
Principles of Service Delivery
In our service delivery we pledge:
i. To serve our clients with dignity, courtesy and respect.
ii. To uphold high standards of service.
iii. To provide service with diligence and integrity at all times.
iv. To utilize meager resources prudently to attain best value for our clients, partners, and other stakeholders.
v. To embrace Innovative practices and dynamism through continuous improvement of systems and processes.
vi. To discharge our duties with enthusiasm and total commitment.
vii. To perform our duties professionally and ethically.
SCHOOL’S CLIENTS AND STAKEHOLDERS
The stakeholders and clients of the school of Physical sciences constitute the following:-
i. JKUAT students
ii. JKUAT staff
iii. Parents and guardians
iv. Government of Kenya
v. Commission for University Education
vi. Higher Education Loan Board
vii. Research and Industry partners
x. Universities and Tertiary Institutions.
Clients and Stakeholders` Expectations
Our clients and stakeholders expect provision of service as follows:
i. An open and transparent student admission.
ii. Effective and participatory teaching and supervision of students.
iii. Courteous and timely response to requests and enquiries.
iv. Except for essential services, all offices to be open between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. with a one hour lunch break between 1.00 p.m. and 2.00 p.m. from Monday to Friday except on public holidays.
v. All telephone calls to be answered within three rings.
Client and Stakeholders Obligations
The School expects clients and stakeholders to:-
i. Observe University rules and regulations.
ii. Treat staff with respect and courtesy.
iii. Provide sufficient and accurate information to enable quick and effective response to requests.
iv. Provide feedback and comments on the service given.
Compliments and Complaints
i. Our clients are encouraged to forward compliments, complaints and suggestions to the Office.
ii. The school undertakes to place a suggestion box at appropriate site for feedback.
iii. The school shall address complaints in less than 30 days of the date of receipt.
iv. The school guarantees confidentiality and privacy in respect to complaint`s identity and substance of complaint.
SERVICE DELIVERY MATRIX