The Certificate course in Information Technology is intended to provide students with a wide range of technical and technological skills required by industry at the Certificate and diploma level. The course is designed to provide a flexible modular alternative to the other structured courses and thereby take advantage of the varied Information Technology market.
The course is intended to produce personnel who:
– have ability to use industry standard computer software and hardware.
– are equipped with problem solving skills and can adapt in a fast changing technological world.
– will assist in system administration and networking in an organization.
will be employed in service industry, financial institutions, production organizations, research and consultancy and educational institutions.
The minimum entry requirements for the certificate course are as follows:
Candidates for admission into the Certificate in Information Technology should satisfy the
following minimum requirement:
An aggregate grade of C- (MINUS) in KCSE and grades D+ (PLUS) in Mathematics and
Division III in KCE with at least a credit in Mathematics and English OR
An equivalent qualification recognized by the University Senate
Distance learning mode: online application for admission is a subject to verification of certified original testimonials during registration and orientation period done in each semester.
MODE OF STUDY:
• Distance learning
SEMESTER ADMISSION PERIODS:
• JANUARY, MAY, SEPTEMBER
- Full payment: – Fees may be paid in full.
- Payment by Instalments: – Registration requires that a student pays 50% of the tuition fees plus 100% of other applicable charges.
- Please download the brochure with the fee structure (Downloads)
For Enquiries on:- ADMISSIONS – Call SWITCHBOARD (067-5870001, 067-5870002, 067-5870003, 067-5870004, 067-5870005) and ask for EXTENSION 1760 (Admissions office) . Alternatively, ask for Ext. 1754 or 1764 (Reception) .
ENROLL WITH US NOW!!!!!!!!