Dr Eng. Hiram M. Ndiritu
Dean, School of Mechanical, Manufacturing and Materials Engineering
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
- Undertaking projects funded by research division of JKUAT, European Union, JICA, NACOSTI among others.
- Visiting Professorship under the scope, Modern Power Graduate on 21st Century Graduate, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland, 2015
- Examiner of MSc and PhD students thesis for local and international universities.
- Supervised 8 completed post graduate research and currently supervising in Engineering.
- Published more than 31 articles and books.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer of Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) and Corporate Member of Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK).
- Founder and inspiration to development of Journal of Sustainable Research in Engineering (JSRE.
- Inspired creation of two departments (Mining Department and Marine Department).
- Steered collaboration with local and international institutions.
- Developed JKUAT Energy Policy and current member of the University Energy Advisory board
- Developed the 4 curriculums for undergraduate, post graduate and short course
- Registered under Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) as a Professional Engineer
- Registered by the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK) as a Corporate Member
- Meshack Hawi, Robert Kiplimo, Hiram Ndiritu, Effect of Exhaust Gas Recirculation on Performance and Emission Characteristics of a Diesel-Piloted Biogas Engine, Smart Grid and Renewable Energy, 2015, 6, 49-58
- Hawi, R. Kiplimo and H.M. Ndiritu, An Experimental Investigation on Engine Performance and Emission of a Diesel Piloted Biogas Engine, Journal of Sustainable Research in Engineering 1 (4) pp 41-47, 2014
- O. Owiti, Hiram M. Ndiritu and B.B. Gathitu, Effect of Waste Lubrication Oil Fuel Flow Rate on Combustion Emissions, Journal of Sustainable Research in Engineering 1 (4) pp 34-40, 2014
- Haile Araya Nigusse, Hiram M. Ndiritu, Robert Kiplimo, Performance Assessment of a Shell Tube Evaporator for a Model Organic Rankine Cycle for use in Geothermal Power Plant, Journal of Power and Energy Engineering, 2014.
- Peter O. Oketch, Hiram M. Ndiritu and Benson B. Gathitu, Experimental Study of Fuel Efficiency and Emissions Comparison from Bio-Ethanol Gel Stoves, European International Journal of Science and Technology, Vol 3 (7), 2014, pp 328-339
- Haile Araya Nigusse, Hiram M. Ndiritu and Robert Kiplimo, Performance Analysis of a Shell Tube Condenser for a Model Organic Rankine Cycle for Use in Geothermal Power Plant, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Vol 4 (8), 2014, pp 141-147
- Ndiritu H.M., Kibicho K. and Gathitu B., Absorption of Flue Gas Carbon Dioxide in a Wet Scrubber using Sodium and Calcium Hydroxide Solvents, Journal of Sustainable Research in Engineering, Vol 1 (1), 2014, pp 17-23.
- Ndiritu H.M., Kibicho K. and Gathitu B., Influence of Flow Parameters on Capture of Carbon Dioxide Gas by a Wet Scrubber, Journal of Power Technologies, Vol 93 (1) (2013) pp 9–15.
- Ndiritu H.M. and Kioni P.N., Modeling of Reactive Flows, VDM Publishing House Ltd, ISBN: 978-3-639-30406-0, (2011).
- Ndiritu et al, Energy, Water and Global Climate Change as a Regional Agenda of the Americas, A publication of National Sciences Foundation NSF,(USA), PASI (2010).
- M. Ndiritu, P.O. Oketch and J.W. Kihia, Status of Energy Production in Kenya and Power Optimization using Sugar Cane Waste and Waste Heat, 27th International Conference on Efficiency, Cost, Optimization, Simulation and Environmental Impact of Energy Systems (ECOS), Turku Finland, 2014
- Development of a materials for high speed marine vessels funded by JICA through Africa-ai-Japan.
- Development of a crushing system for small scale miners in Western Kenya.
- Lead partner in University Research chair for Manufacturing and innovation in the manufacturing funded by Canada International Development Research Centre through National Commission for Science Technology and Innovations (NaCOSTI) 2016.
- Lead Partner: Mobility to Enhance Training of Engineering Graduates in Africa, INTRA_ACP-EU funded Program
- Control of industrial gaseous emissions using a liquid absorber, Funded by DAAD
Selected Postgraduate Research Supervised
- Optimization of Performance of a Bio-ethanol Gel Stove
- Optimization of Fuel Consumption in Hybrid Wind-Diesel System using a Fuzzy Logic Controller
- Retrofit of Pressure Lamp to Handle Vegetable Oil
- Performance Assessment of a Model Organic Rankine Cycle Power Plant Components for Application at Olkaria I Geothermal Power Plant
- Waste oil combustion for process heating in small to medium enterprises
- Performance and emission characteristics of a diesel piloted biogas engine