To be a global centre of excellence in training, research and innovation in evidence based health care services.
To offer quality training, research and health care services (in medicine, pharmacy, public health, physiotherapy, sports medicine and hospital administration) in order to suit the needs of a dynamic world communities.
At the end of the programme, the graduate should be able to:
1. Apply the process of critical reasoning in healthcare.
2. Apply knowledge of physical, chemical, biological, psychological, social, development and environmental mechanisms in diagnosis, management and prevention of illness.
3. Manage healthcare services.
4. Evaluate the effectiveness of interventions used in dealing with community health problems.
5. Contribute actively to the promotion and maintenance of good health, and prevention of ill health.
6. Apply cutting edge principles of research in identifying and managing health problems.
7. Plan and implement training/educational programmes for the community and health workers.
8. Engage in and maintain productive professional ethics.
9. Acquire, evaluate and communicate information appropriately.
10. Adapt to and participate in change.