Qualifications: PhD (Poona); LLM (Marathwada); LLB (Marathwada)
Specialization: Capital Markets and Securities Law, Securities and Derivatives Law,Information Communication Technology Law, and Law of Business Associations
Research Interest: International Law; International Trade and Commercial Transaction; Criminal Law; and Human Rights Law.
- Working on a book Chapter on ‘Legal Aspects of DNA’ in Shirly Ann Genga, Tom Kabau & Jack Mwimali (eds.) Law, Science and Technology: Concepts and Context in Kenya (JKUAT & LawAfrica, Forthcoming 2016).
Biography: Dr. Musila Nthenge has been a Lecturer at the School of Law, Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology since January 2015. He worked as a Librarian at the Department of Law in the University of Pune from 2010 to 2011. He also conducted lecturers in Legal Research Methodology at the Department of Law in the University of Pune from 2010 to 2012. In addition, Dr. Musila Nthenge has delivered lectures on Criminal Law Legislation (2012 and 2013), Plea Bargaining (2013), and Cyber Law (2014).
Selected Publications: Dr. Musila Nthenge has various publications that include:
- Access to justice as a human right – A chapter in Gurdip Singh and VK Ahuja (eds), Human rights in 21st century: Changing dimensions (Universal Law Publishing Co, New Delhi) 781;
- Adversarial and inquisitorial systems of law: Pros and cons (2011) 40 Banaras Law Journal 28-38;
- Forgotten value of probation, a golden treasure – Law and reality to promote human rights of an accused (2012) 3(1) Indian Human Rights Law Review 28;
- Globalization and human rights agenda in transnational trade for the Indian agricultural workforce (2012) 4 Social Sciences Reporter.