Qualifications: LLM (University of Nairobi), LLB (University of Nairobi); Postgraduate Diploma in Law (Kenya School of Law); Diploma in Forensic Accounting from Kenya Institute of Studies in Criminal Justice; Diploma in Law and Practice(Kenya School of Law)
Research Interest: Media and the Law
Specialization: Corporate and Commercial Law
Tel: +254(0) 714 400 092 or +254 (0) 7336 48735
Grace has twenty three (23) years’ legal practice as Head of Legal Department, Magistrate, Senior Legal Counsel, private practitioner, Senior Report Analyst, Senior Education Officer, Senior Evidence Analyst at the Kenya Anti-Corruption Commission and, current Chairperson Media Complaints Commission of the Media Council of Kenya. She also chair and member of several quasi-judicial tribunals. Her qualifications include post graduate certificate in Policy and Legislative Drafting, Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), Forensic Accounting and Project Management. Besides, her working experience in strategic planning, budget preparation, work plans, results based management (RBM) and staff appraisal.
Selected Conferences and Paper Presentations:
- Law Society of Kenya seminar on Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) at Panari Hotel in Nairobi, where she presented a paper titled, “ADR in Corruption and Economic Crime: Amnesty or Impunity?”
- Donor Sub Group on Governance meeting at the Netherlands Embassy in Nairobi, where she presented a paper titled “The Implications of the new Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Act, No 11 of 2011 on the Fight Against Corruption” as a consultant hired by GIZ Good Governance Project
Selected Research Outputs:
- Lead Consultant in a four (4) day training workshop on Leadership and Integrity for Heads of Departments and Councilors of the County Council of Narok at Plaza Beach Hotel in Mombasa, 2011
- Consultant at the Transparency International(TI) Kenya’s Strategic Plan Review 2010-2011 at Lake Bogoria Spa Resort, Rift Valley,2011
- Lead Consultant in a two (2) day training workshop on Leadership and Integrity for Heads of Departments and Councillors of the County Council of Nzoia at Sapphire Hotel in Mombasa, 2010
- Consultant for the Ministry of Water, in collaboration with GIZ, to review the Draft Water Bill 2012 and National Water Policy of 2012, at Kiboko Resort Club in Kisumu
The Curriculum Vitae details her experience.