ACADEMIC RANK – Senior Lecturer
SPECIALIZATION – Public International Law, Human Rights Law, Law and Development, Property Law, and Intellectual Property Law
RESEARCH INTEREST – Public International Law, Law and Development, Property Law, Intellectual Property Law
QUALIFICATION – Ph.D. (Hong Kong), LL.M ((UoN), LL.B (UoN), Postgraduate Diploma in Law(KSL).
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- With Shahla Ali, ‘A Human Rights-Based Approach to the Global Regulation of Humanitarian Relief: The Emerging Obligation to Incorporate Local Participation’ 40 (2015) 3 Brooklyn Journal of International Law 791-826.
- ‘Towards a Coherent Legal Regime for the Protection of Indigenous Peoples Land Rights in Kenya’ in Morris Mbondenyi, Evelyne Asaala, Tom Kabau & Attiya Waris (eds.), Human Rights and Democratic Governance in Kenya: A Post 2007 Appraisal (Pretoria University Law Press, Pretoria 2015).
- With Shahla Ali, ‘Non-State Actors and the Evolution of Humanitarian Norms: Implications of the Sphere Charter in Health and Nutrition Relief’ 5 (2014) (1-2) Journal of International Humanitarian Legal Studies 70–104.
- With Shahla Ali, ‘Self-Governance by Humanitarian Non-State Actors in Health and Nutrition Relief’ 16 (2014) 2 DePaul Journal of Healthcare Law 141-164.
- With Osogo Ambani, ‘The 2010 Constitution and the Application of International Law in Kenya: A Case of Migration to Monism or Regression to Dualism?’ 1 (2013) 1 Africa Nazarene University Law Journal 36-55.
OTHER RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
- Editor, Africa Nazarene University Law Journal;
- With Shahla Ali, ‘Non-State Actors and the Evolution of Humanitarian Norms: Implications of the Sphere Charter in Health and Nutrition Relief’ in Michael Bothe & Arjen Vermeer (eds), The Rule of Law in Humanitarian Emergencies (Forthcoming, Brill/Martinus Nijhoff);
- With James Mamboleo, ‘Distributive Justice in Kenya’s Development Process: Prospects under a Devolved System of Governance’ in PLO Lumumba, Morris Mbondenyi & Tom Kabau (eds), Devolution in Kenya: A Commentary (Forthcoming, LawAfrica).
- With Morris Mbondenyi, ‘Sovereignty of the People and Constitutional Supremacy: Emerging Practice under Kenya’s New Social Contract’ in Osogo Ambani, Luis Franceschi et al (eds.), The Constitution of Kenya: Five Years After (Forthcoming Books, Strathmore University Press).
- With Chege Njoroge, A Commentary on Land Law and Conveyancing in Kenya (Forthcoming Textbook).