The Diploma course in Information Technology (IT) is intended to provide students with a wide range of software, technical and technological ICT skills required by industry at the diploma level. The student is expected to develop an IT solution to a practical business problem using an engineering approach.
Click on the icon for more information on the programme
To be eligible for admission into the Diploma in IT, a candidate must satisfy one of the following minimum requirements:
An aggregate grade of C (PLAIN) in KCSE and grades C- (MINUS) in
Mathematics and English or
Division II in KCE with credit passes in Mathematics and English or an equivalent qualification recognized by the University Senate.
A credit pass in JKUAT IT Certificate.
A KACE certificate with a subsidiary pass in Mathematics
Any other equivalent qualifications approved by Senate
Distance learning mode: online application for admission is a subject to verification of certified original testimonials during registration and orientation period done in each semester.
MODE OF STUDY:
• Distance learning: Online tuition, two (2) online CATs, one (1) sit-in CAT towards the end of semester, and one end of semester examinations.
• Continuing Education: two (2) CATs, sit-in end of semester examinations.
SEMESTER ADMISSION PERIODS:
• JANUARY, MAY, SEPTEMBER
• Distance Learning fee for a minimum of 3 Modules per semester: Kshs 19,750/-
• Continuing Education fee for the First semester: 46,198/-
For more enquiries and further clarification of the course, kindly contact the Administrators in charge of the course, School of Open Distance and eLearning
For more inquiries and further clarification of the course, kindly contact the Administrators in charge of the course, School of Open Distance and eLearning.
Mrs. Sylvia Kisaka Kioko- Senior Administrative Assistant: email@example.com
- Student admissions for Post- graduate applications
- Processing examinations in the following centres:
- Cooperative University College, RICCATTI Business College
- United Africa College, • KCA University,• Embu College,• Multimedia University College
- Alphax College,• KCA Kisumu Campus,• Pioneer International College
- Kenya School of Monetary Studies (KSMS)- Post-graduate Programmes
- Management University of Africa (MUA)- Post-graduate Programme- Executive Master of Business Administration- EMBA
Mrs. Beatrice K. Wekunda, Administrative Assistant (AA): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Processing of examination results: preparation of mark sheets, pass lists and printing of transcripts and result slips.
- Nairobi Institute of Technology ( NIT)
- Tracom College-Nakuru.
- Zetech College-SHRD Diplomas.
Ms. Susan Nderitu, Administrative Assistant (AA): email@example.com
1. Processing of transcripts
2. In charge of the following: Lists of lecturers
3. Processing of examination results and pass lists for the BCOMBA and DIT courses from Zetech College
4. Attending to examinations and transcripts enquiries of students of the BCOMBA and DIT courses from Zetech College
5. Registration of students from centres offering JKUAT centres
6. In charge of Admissions of students into JKUAT under the centres that offer JKUAT courses.
Ms. Mary Wanjiru Mucheru, Administrative Assistant (AA): firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Processing of examination results: preparation of mark sheets, pass lists and printing of transcripts and result slips.
2. Incharge of the following SODeL approved centres; Airads Eldoret & Kericho Branches, DEFTEC and Muranga University College
3. Processing of examination results for students who are undertaking Distance Learning mode of Study.
4. Assisting in processing of draft examination.
Ms. Gillian Muthoni Ndung’u, Administrative Assistant: email@example.com
1. In charge of the registry
2. Processing of transcripts
3. Processing of examination results.
4. In charge of the following centres and programmes- Zetech College-BCOMBA, RCMRD- All programmes
5. Preparation of passlists