The Certificate course in Information Technology is intended to provide students with a wide range of technical and technological skills required by industry at the Certificate and diploma level. The course is designed to provide a flexible modular alternative to the other structured courses and thereby take advantage of the varied Information Technology market.
The course is intended to produce personnel who:
– have ability to use industry standard computer software and hardware.
– are equipped with problem solving skills and can adapt in a fast changing technological world.
– will assist in system administration and networking in an organization.
will be employed in service industry, financial institutions, production organizations, research and consultancy and educational institutions.
Click on the icon for more details of the programme
The minimum entry requirements for the certificate course are as follows:
Candidates for admission into the Certificate in Information Technology should satisfy the
following minimum requirement:
An aggregate grade of C- (MINUS) in KCSE and grades D+ (PLUS) in Mathematics and
Division III in KCE with at least a credit in Mathematics and English OR
An equivalent qualification recognized by the University Senate
Distance learning mode: online application for admission is a subject to verification of certified original testimonials during registration and orientation period done in each semester.
MODE OF STUDY:
• Distance learning: Online tuition, two (2) online CATs, one (1) sit-in CAT towards the end of semester, and one end of semester examinations.
• Continuing Education: two (2) CATs, sit-in end of semester examinations.
SEMESTER ADMISSION PERIODS:
• JANUARY, MAY, SEPTEMBER
• Distance Learning fee for a minimum of 3 Modules per semester: Kshs 18,673/-
• Continuing Education fee for the First semester: 44,332/-
For more enquiries and further clarification of the course, kindly contact the Administrators in charge of the course, School of Open Distance and eLearning
Ms. Mary Mucheru: email@example.com
In charge of the course on Distance Learning Mode
Ms. Susan Nderitu, Administrative Assistant (AA): firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Processing of transcripts
2. In charge of the following: Lists of lecturers
3. Processing of examination results and pass lists for the BCOMBA and DIT courses from Zetech College
4. Attending to examinations and transcripts enquiries of students of the BCOMBA and DIT/CIT courses from Zetech College
5. Registration of students from centres offering JKUAT centres
6. In charge of Admissions of students into JKUAT under the centres that offer JKUAT courses.
Mrs. Sylvia Kisaka Kioko- Senior Administrative Assistant: email@example.com
- Student admissions for Post- graduate applications
- Processing examinations in the following centres:
- Cooperative University College, RICCATTI Business College, KENTRAC College
- United Africa College, • KCA University,• Embu College,• Multimedia University College
- Alphax College,• KCA Kisumu Campus,• Pioneer International College
- Kenya School of Monetary Studies (KSMS)- Post-graduate Programmes
- Management University of Africa (MUA)- Post-graduate Programme- Executive Master of Business Administration- EMBA
Ms. Gillian Muthoni Ndung’u, Administrative Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. In charge of the registry
2. Processing of transcripts
3. Processing of examination results.
4. In charge of the following centres and programmes- Zetech College-BCOMBA, RCMRD- All programmes
5. Preparation of passlists
Ms. Ray Ibukah: email@example.com
Administrator of Online Students & Distance Learning Programmes
Mrs. Beatrice K. Wekunda, Administrative Assistant (AA): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Processing of examination results: preparation of mark sheets, pass lists and printing of transcripts and result slips.
- Nairobi Institute of Technology ( NIT)
- Tracom College-Nakuru.
- Zetech College-SHRD Diplomas
ENROLL WITH US NOW!!!!!!!!