Effective communication is the basis for success in all walks of life. Good communication between two persons, two or more complementary units in a production or service, between two cities, between government department or different governments- the list is endless- is the hallmark of progress. Yet more often than not, this vital skill in development is relegated to the back burners in any curricular and training program. Recently however, educationist and planners have realized the need to bring this vital development agent to the forefront; and in most curricula, communication is not only offered, but, it is a prerequisite for all other academic, professional and skills training programmes
– Students from any discipline who wish to start a career in communication or others who are currently working in other occupations and wish to switch to communication.
– Managers in any functional areas of the organizations and who wish to acquire knowledge and skills in communication and public relations.
– Students who wish to pursue higher degree in communication and public relations
– Diploma students in Communication or Public Relations who want to pursue degree in communication.
Click on the icon for more details on the programme
Candidates wishing to study for the Bachelor of Commerce Degree must satisfy the minimum University and SHRD requirements for admission.
Candidates wishing to study for the Bachelor of Communication must satisfy the minimum University and SHRD requirements for admission.
– Be a holder of KCSE (or equivalent examination) certificate with a minimum aggregate of C+ and a minimum of C in both Mathematics and English or Kiswahili. OR
– Be a holder of KCE Division II with credit pass in both Mathematics and English/Kiswahili. OR
– Be a holder of KACE certificate with a minimum of two principal passes and subsidiary pass and a minimum of credit pass in Mathematics at KCE. OR
– Be a holder of Diploma in Mass Communication with minimum of credit pass from JKUAT or from an institution recognised by the University Senate. OR
– Be a holder of any other qualification accepted by the University Senate as equivalent to any of the above.
Candidates who hold a diploma with credit pass (see 2.4 above) may, at the discretion of the University Senate, be exempted from Semester I and Semester II of Year I. However, they must pass the three university core units in order to graduate. In addition, a student registered in another University recognized by the Senate may be allowed to transfer credit to the programme.
Distance learning mode: online application for admission is a subject to verification of certified original testimonials during registration and orientation period done in each semester.
MODE OF STUDY:
• Distance learning: Online tuition, two (2) online CATs, one (1) sit-in CAT towards the end of semester, and one end of semester examinations.
• Continuing Education: two (2) CATs, sit-in end of semester examinations.
SEMESTER ADMISSION PERIODS:
• JANUARY, MAY, SEPTEMBER
• Distance Learning fee for a minimum of 3 Modules per semester: Kshs 19,750/-
• Continuing Education fee for the First semester: 91,816/-
For more enquiries and further clarification of the course, kindly contact the Administrators in charge of the course, School of Open Distance and eLearning
ENROLL WITH US NOW!!!!!!!!