To be a leading Institute of Computer Science, Computer Technology and Information Technology in the region and beyond.
To produce graduates in Computer Science, Computer Technology and Information Technology who are experts in Software and Hardware Infrastructure, development and Maintenance.
- Train highly skilled ICT personnel in the fields of Computer Science, Computer Technology and Information Technology
- Perform research in the ICT field and produce up-to-date and innovative results
- Expand training opportunities in ICT field in Kenya
- Provide appropriate ICT solutions to the Kenya ICT industries
The Institute of Computer Science and Information Technology (ICSIT) was established in 1998, before then programs related to computer science were being run under the Faculty of Science in the department of Mathematics. ICSIT started off with Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program but a year later it started also offering the Bachelor of Science in Computer Technology program.
In the year later 2009, ICSIT merged with the IT Center. IT Center had begun as an income generating unit running the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Diploma in Information Technology and Certificate in Information Technology programs. The unit has over the years grown to serve a large number of students and provide the greatly needed critical mass of IT graduates needed to work in Kenya’s growing economy.
Today ICSIT has two departments namely:
- Department of Computing and
- Department of Information Technology