On-going PhD research projects
- Metagenomic and Metatranscriptomic analysis of Bacterial, Archaeal and Fungal communities within the hot springs of L. Magadi in Kenya.
Student name: Anne Kelly kambura
- Biodiversity and Biogeography of fungi within the hot springs of soda lakes in Kenya.
Student name: Salano Odilia
- Prokaryotic diversity and thermozymes from thermophilic bacteria from hot springs in Eritrea.
Student name: Amanuel Menghes
- Management of Striga hermonthica through Bioprospection of Biocontrol microbes in maize fields and overexpressing of P efficient genes in maize.
Student name: Johnstone Neondo
- Distribution, Molecular Characterization and seed transmission rate of viruses causing Maize Lethal Necrosis disease in Kenya.
Student name: Francis Machabe Mwatuni
- Use of DNA forensics as a tool for conservation of the endangered rothschild (Giraffa camelopardalis rothschildi ) giraffe in Kenya.
Student name: David Mbugua
- Potential of endophytic microorganisms in promoting crop adaptations to Biotic and Abiotic stress. Student name:Priscillar Mumo Mutungi
- Plant Parasitic nematodes associated with rice and resistance response of rice to meloidogyne. Student name:Namu J Samuel
- Morphological and Molecular Characterization of Eritrean Pepper (Capsicum spp.) and Production of F1 Hybrids for Improved Yield and Quality.
Student name:Brhan Kblar Saleh
On-going MSc. research projects
- In vitro development of high quality and low coast strategy/protocol for regeneration of farmer’s preferred cassava varieties in Tanzania.
Student name:Kidulile Edward
- The genetic background and functional polymorphisms of a candidate gene for drought tolerance of indigenous chickens in Kenya.
Student name: Grace Kennedy
- Bacterial diversity in the midgut of lab-reared and field-collected Anopheles gambiae and Culex quinquennial mosquito vectors in Ahero, Kenya. Student name: Mwaringa Mwandondo