To be a Faculty of academic excellence in science for developement
To produce practical oriented manpower in training, research and innovation in the field of Science and Technology
Since its inception the Faculty of Science has played a pivotal role in the expansion of knowledge frontiers in the field of Physical and biological sciences geared towards finding solutions to technological problems at both industrial and household levels.
The Faculty of Science constitutes of eight academic departments and in line with the University Vision and Mission, is continuously achieving scientific excellence through Teaching, Research and Knowledge transfer.
The faculty attracts the best students (inter)nationally who undertake the broad range of disciplines that are market responsive in preparing the scientists and professionals for the challenges of tomorrow. Click here to view the programs
Researchers in the faculty of science are actively contributing to scientific knowledge through the various research projects.
Through linkages with industry, schools and local communities, the staff, students and alumni are able to define, analyze and provide solutions to scientific issues. Research findings are disseminated through publications in high impact professional journals .
With the increased interest in evidence based policy making informed by scientific research findings, the faculty appreciates its vital role in providing scientific solutions to influence policy.
The faculty is committed to maintaining excellence in teaching, research and partnership in physical and biological sciences.
- Team work
- Development and Hard work
Mandate and Functions
- To train requisite human resources at both managerial and supervisory grades.
- To enhance the quality of education training and managerial excellence. To faciliate appropriate programmes for specialized non-degree training in Science as a bridge to enroll for degrees and market driven degree programmes.
- To promote basic and applied research in the fields of Science.
- To promote collaboration with small-scale industrialists for design and development of detergents.
- To promote linkages with other institutions of renowned research in pure and applied Sciences.
Faculty shall offer quality training and quality-learning facilities to the satisfaction of her customers and stakeholders
Productivity and Team Work
The University Council, Senate, management, staff, Students and alumni will promote optimum performance and team spirit to achieve the Vision, Mission and Strategic Objectives of the University.