eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community.
eduroam allows students, researchers and staff from participating institutions to obtain Internet connectivity across campus and when visiting other participating institutions by simply opening their laptops or mobile phones.
Are you from a Different Institution?
Eduroam wifi is available to anyone who has the login credentials and can access it from the participating learning institutions using the same credentials.
How to connect to eduroam
Before trying to connect to eduroam, ensure you get your login credentials from ICT Support Team at Cohred or Cohes Building on firstname.lastname@example.org or on Extension 1153/54/55/56/57/58/59/60/61/62/63
Sign in credentials
This is to inform users that for the Wireless access they should use “eduroam” wifi.
The Username is the part of your email leaving out @jkuat.ac.ke. The password is Pfno.(pf)
Example if your email is email@example.com and pf is 1234 the login credentials are as follows;
Password: Pfno.1234 (P is capital)
For those whose emails contains the department e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org, the username should be;
The password is same as above.
If the password is less than 8 characters, add zeros before the number to help achieve the 8 characters for password. Example, if your pf is 2, the password should be constructed as follows
Help Assistance and Support
For any help you can get assistance from ICT Support team through email@example.com or Call Extension 1153/54/55/56/57/58/59/60/61/62/63
Configurations on Laptops
- Windows 8 – eduroam configuration
- Windows 7 – eduroam configuration
- Windows Vista – eduroam configuration
- Windows XP – eduroam configuration
- Mac OS X 10.8 – eduroam configuration
- Mac OS X 10.7 – eduroam configuration
- Mac OS X 10.6 – eduroam configuration
- Mac OS X 10.5 – Leopard – eduroam configuration
- Mac OS X 10.4 – eduroam configuration
- Android – eduroam configuration
- IPhone or iPod-Touch _iOS 5_ – eduroam configuration
- IPad _iOS 5_ – eduroam configuration
For more information on the eduroam visit their website www.eduroam.org