1. Promote Data publication and data reuse through development and implementation of Open Data Management Cloud
2. Link iCEOD to other global Open Data Centres and interested parties
3. Generate income for the university from published scientific open data.
4. Promote multi-diciplinary research capabilities and activities that are ICT enabled increasing university research publications and improve webmetrix ranking
5. Develop Open Data Policies, Code of Practice, regulations, strategies, and applications that spur sustainable socio-economic development in agriculture, education, tourism, environment, health, security, finance, and natural resources
6. Create public awareness of open data for public use and sharing
7. Offer data analytics services including generation of reports