The Cabinet Secretary Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, Prof Jacob T. Kaimenyi on August 5, 2015, officially conveyed the selection and designation of JKUAT as the Regional Centre of Excellence in ICT for the Northern Corridor Integration Projects. As a Regional Centre of Excellence, JKUAT is required to make provision for training opportunities in ICT and related areas for the Partner States in the Northern Corridor Integration
Projects (NCIP) Initiative namely; Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Southern Sudan.
JKUAT (Lead), University of Juba, Makerere University, and University of Kigali have been tasked with carrying out skills audit for projects under NCIP in the following sub-sectors:
1. Power generation, Transmission and Interconnectivity
2. Geothermal Development
3. Petroleum (Gas and Oil): Upstream, Midstream and Down Stream
4. Land and Hydrographic Survey and Mapping
5. Land Property Valuation and Physical Planning
7. Air Space Management
8. Maritime Transport and Shipping Logistics
iCEOD is very excited out this new development and honour bestowed upon JKUAT on this crucial regional assignment. Development partners are most welcomed to join us in finding and providing solutions to the East Africa Region.