1. Promote Data publication and data reuse through development and implementation of Open Data Management.
2. Link iCEOD to other global Open Data Centres and interested parties.
3. Generate income for the university from published open data and analytics performed on the data.
4. Promote multidisciplinary research capabilities and activities that are ICT enabled increasing university research publications and improve webmetrix ranking.
5. Coordinate with industry partners on technology transfer professional training for addressing skill gaps in the market and generate income for the University.
6. Accelerate ICT innovation through equipping innovators with requisite skills and credible data.
7. Coordinate implementation of University ICT MoUs with public and private entities.
8. Offer ICT consultancy.
9. Develop ICT policies, strategies, and applications that spur sustainable socio-economic development in agriculture, education, tourism, environment, health,security, finance, and natural resources.
10 Develop and promote fabrication of micro and nano ICT devices such as memory chips, SIM cards for the mobile industry.