Headed by a University- Industry Liaison Officer
Defining strategy for technology transfer
- Seeking for commercial and financial partners (Venture capital funds etc.)
- Marketing university’s research potential
- Fielding inquiries from industry
- Jobs, internships and external attachment placements for students
- Apprenticeship/ Industrial attachment placements for staff
- Providing a channel through which companies, research organizations and government agencies can access the knowledge, expertise and technologies found in the university
- Partnering researchers with industry and government for collaborative research and development
- Initiating and Promoting technology transfer and commercialization of the university’s Intellectual Property assets in view of providing fair and reasonable economic returns to faculty/staff and the university.
- Initiating and Promoting commercialization of expertise/skills/knowhow found in the university in view of providing fair and reasonable economic returns to faculty/staff and the university
- Organizing visits to university’s laboratories by outsiders interested in collaborative research or contract research.
- Linking the university with the Nairobi Industrial and Technology park/industries
- Manning the National commission for Science, Technology and Innovation (NACOSTI) Desk.
- Maintaining a register/directory of collaborators.