Headed by an Intellectual Property Manager
- Implementation of the Intellectual Property (IP) policy,
- Identification and assessment of the university IP assets,
- Guiding faculty/staff, students and associates of the university on acquisition of IP protection for their inventions or works,
- Advising the Intellectual Property committee (IPC) on the decision to, and feasibility of, obtaining intellectual property protection for an invention or works and on which grounds such protection should be sought,
- Advising the IPC as to the amendment of the IP policy and all matters pertaining to intellectual property administration,
- Advising and providing support to all staff and associates of the university regarding the IP policy through continuous education and sensitization programs,
- Liaison with Kenya Industrial Property Institute (KIPI) and other IP protection offices for purposes of intellectual property protection including linking with intellectual property agents where necessary.
- Management of the day-to-day activities of the Technology and Innovation Support Centre (TISC) details of which are found in the MOU of October 2013 between JKUAT and KIPI.
- Maintaining an IP assets inventory