RE: 4th QUARTER 2018/ 2019 PERFORMANCE CONTRACT REPORTS AND 2019/ 2020 PERFORMANCE CONTRACTS
I wish to bring to your attention the fact that the 4th Quarter of the fiscal year 2018/2019 ended on 30th JUNE 2019. JKUAT Staff are therefore reminded to compile their 2018/2019 4th quarter reports and submit them to DiPCA before 31st July 2019 for purposes of monitoring and evaluation of their performance. I am also reminding all JKUAT staff who had not submitted their performance contracts for the 2018/2019 period to take this opportunity and do so before 31st July 2019.
Kindly be informed that performance contracting has been integrated into Staff Performance Appraisal. Staff who either do not sign contracts or do not submit reports are likely to obtain very low scores. To avoid poor appraisal scores, staff and HODs are urged to comply with performance contracting requirements and timelines.
Staff are also reminded that the 2018/2019 contract period began on 1st July 2019. Staff are therefore required to prepare, negotiate, sign and submit their new performance contracts for the FY 2019/2020 to DiPCA before 31st July 2019.
DiPCA is ready to assist any staff or department where there are difficulties. Staff may also utilize various online resources including those listed below to understand the process and participate effectively in the process.
INDIVIDUAL STAFF PERFORMANCE CONTRACTING FORMS
- Appraisal Form F-2-53-1-1: Individual Staff Performance Contract. This is the template for contracts between individual staff and their Heads of Departments.
- Appraisal Guidelines: This provides guidelines for the new appraisal system.
- Reporting Form IPQR -2-53-1-2: Individual PC Reporting Form.This form is to be used by individual staff to report on their achievements on quarterly basis.
TUTORIALS FOR JKUAT STAFF
Tutorial 1: Preparation of Individual Staff Performance Contract
Tutorial 2: Preparation of Quarterly Staff Performance Contract Reports
Tutorial 3: Evaluation of Staff Performance
ONLINE SUBMISSION OF DATA
- Click here to submit details of a publication
- Click here to submit Consultancy data
- Click here to submit information on funded research project
- Click here to submit information on publications by postgraduate students
Prof. John M. Wesonga, PhD
Associate Professor – Department of Horticulture
P.O. Box 62000 – 00200 Nairobi