- Enhance and facilitate research, innovation, science and technology in the broad water sector issues and activities,
- Strengthen human and institutional capacities of water sector stakeholders in Kenya,
- Facilitate networking and cooperation between institutions and individuals in the water sector,
- Provide advisory services, advice policy and facilitate science communication, and
- Carry out any other lawful activities for the furtherance of water sector services, growth and development.
WARREC encourages the use of science, technology and innovation to back up development and investments for the water sector. WARREC works through collaborative initiatives with other research institutes, Government Ministries, local and international agencies, development partners, civil society organizations and beneficiary communities on water related issues. The water sector benefits from the inputs of research, science and technology inputs addressing the various water-related issues.