WARREC draws advice from the expertise of a diverse International advisory board of accomplished practitioners who are leaders in their fields, particularly water. The Board comprises of people with wide experience, ideas, and knowledge of potential funding sources. They represent International and national professional associations, Government organizations, research organizations and consulting firms in water resources management and related fields. Collectively, the Advisory Board brings perspectives from, Government, statutory boards, public and private sectors, non-profit and international institutions. In the process, the board informs the Center of emerging challenges, issues, trends, and opportunities in relevant areas concerning water resources management and development that will help the Center keep its research, capacity building and advocacy programs up-to-date, relevant and dynamic.
The current WARREC International Advisory Board membership include:
- Eng. Philip Gichuki , Managing Director Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Company- Chairman
- Prof. John Gathenya, Professor, Soil Water and Environmental Engineering Department, JKUAT
- Mr. Gibson Kiragu, Senior Ass. Director, Land Reclamation and Water Storage, MWI
- Prof. Joy Obando, Professor, Geography Department, Kenyatta University
- Mr. Maimbo Malesu, Programme Coordinator, water Management, SEARNet/ICRAF
- Eng. Petronilla Ogutu, National Water and Pipeline Corporation
- Dr. Ayub Macharia, National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
- Dr. Elizabeth Khaka, United Nations Environment Program
- Dr. Rebbie Harawa, Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)
- Prof. Bancy Mati, Director WARREC – Secretary to the Board.