Transport is a department under Administration Division of Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology that facilitates all transport requirements of the university and its centres. It has a fleet of 55 vehicles to do the task.
The Department is headed by a transport manager, who currently is Mr. James N. Thimba. Under him is a 83 strong work force that include two assistant transport officers, a team of 57 drivers 5 mechanics, office staff and cleaners .
This far the department has handled its mandate very successfully
To be a centre of excellence in provision of institutional transport services.
To provide and maintain vehicles that are safe, reliable and environmentally friendly.
- To fulfill the university transport requirements through provision of customer focused, planned and systematic transport services through implementation of transport policy.
- To maximize vehicle efficiency and service life through planned maintenance schedules and services.
- To enhance tracking fleet management and monitoring through GPS vehicle tracking and geo-fencing to avoid vehicle diversions.
- To facilitate financial prudence at the university through implementation of cost cutting measures.
- To enhance efficiency of transport services in the university.
UNIVERSITY TRANSPORT POLICY
To achieve our objectives we are guided by a laid out transport policy. This is a set of procedures and rules published in the following link.