Main Research Area: Hierarchical Bayesian Analysis for infectious diseases. She is currently at the final phase of he PhD research and is involved in very innovative research in liason with bodies that handle biological data. She is one of the brains behind the creation and launch of BSc Biostatistics which is now very popular amongst the students and also serves as the main advisor in this programme. She is currently involved in the writing of an MSc in the same area. Below are publications to her credit.
- Niyibituronsa M, Kyallo F, Mugo C and S Gaidashova, 2015. The effects of household food practices and disease prevalence on nutritional status of under-five children in Ruhango district, Rwanda, Africa Journal of food ,Agriculture, Nutrition and Development , 15:1 , ISSN-1684-5374.
- Niyibituronsa M, Kyallo F, Mugo C and S Gaidashova, 2014. Improving the nutritional status of malnourished children using soybean products in Rwanda Africa Journal of food ,Agriculture, Nutrition and Development 14:4,
- Emma N. Khaemba. Caroline W. Mugo, Charles Mutai, 2013. The Survival of Patients with Cancer of the Cervix in Nairobi, Kenya, Africa Journal of health Science vol 25.
- Romanus O.O ,Peter N.M Samuel M.M, Antony G.W. ,John M.K. , George O. O, Caroline W.M .Training manual , Basic statistics with practical examples using SPSS.
- Master’s Thesis in Biostatistics, Receiver operating characteristic curves.
- Master’s Thesis in Applied Statistics, Urinary incontinence in women after childbirth