By the end of the course the learner should be able to:
- Apply theories of Landscape Urbanism in a design project.
- Apply urban geographical theories of urban development such as urban ecology, landscape urbanism, figure-ground theory.
- Interpret the relationship between cultural and political developments and the development of urbanism globally.
- To conceptualise and apply theoretical knowledge in relation to urban transformation through drawings, illustrations, diagrams, text and models.
- To formulate, develop, present and debate strategies, design solutions, policies and guidelines that have the potential to transform urban environments.
- The course focuses on landscape architecture as an important tool in sustainable urban design and planning.