Aims and Objectives of the Course
The Degree Program is aimed at producing graduates who will:
Provide the knowledge and skills necessary to design, build integrate and support Information Technology solutions in the Information and Computer Technology Industry.
Use the skills obtained for self employment.
- Participate in a professional manner in the development of modern Information Technology products and services.
- Specify, design and implement computer based elements of computer systems which are technically and economically acceptable.
- Develop skills and abilities in an independent professional manner with a vie to managing their own professional business in Information Technology such as E-commerce.
Eligibility (Any of the Underlisted)
- KCSE C+ (Plus) with C (Plain) in Maths and English
- Two Principle passes at K.A.C.E
- A Pass in Diploma in Information Technology (IT), or Computer Technology.
Or an equivalent qualification recognized by Senate
NB: JKUAT Diploma holders in IT who have obtained a Credit pass and above or equivalent join the B.Sc. IT Course in Stage II.