The Department of Architecture was established in 1990, the department continues to be a key player in the training of Architects who practice both locally and internationally. The department boasts of using cutting edge technology in ensuring that students get the very best and are competitive globally. The periodic evaluation and accreditation by the Commission for University Education, Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors of Kenya (BORAQS) as well as the Commonwealth Association of Architects (CAA) ensures upholding of the highest level of academic standards.
“Integrated approach to design based on Technology and social-cultural factors”
- To enhance training of all students in the art, science, technology, history and theory of architecture by having at least 50% of the curriculum taught through practical based learning in 2018/2019 academic year
- To ensure that at least 50% of the architectural design projects in every class in the year 2018/2019 are new innovations
- To excel in pure and applied research by increasing the number of postgraduate students by 50% in the 2018/2019 academic year
- To develop at least 3 new programs so as to grow into a school of Architecture in 2018/2019
- To source and attract at least two architectural consultancy projects by the end of 2019
- To be of service to the nation by participating in at least one real-life project or design competition every semester