- To undertake teaching and examing of students in order to produce specialized engineers combining biological and technical skills to participate in agro-industrial development in an environmentally sustainable way
- To conduct research in order to address sustainable exploitation of our natural resources
- To participate in the dissemination and preservation of scientific knowledge and innovations
- To develop and promote quality and market driven academic programmes in line with the aspirations of Vision 2030 and environmental conservation
- To expand, strengthen and sustain the University income base
- To stimulate the intellectual participation of students and alumni in economic, technological and professional development
- To play an active role in National Science, Technology and Innovation policy formulation, research and analysis.