The Students welfare department plays a vital role in the sustenance of the University dealing as it does with the major stakeholders and our customers, the students. The department therefore has a major responsibility to ensure the stability of the Institution through delivery of the necessary welfare services to students, hence the welfare is also a core business of the University
Justification for the Strategic Plan
To provide excellent and equitable welfare services to students.
To create an environment that proactively anticipates and meets the diverse students needs, cost effectively and in a timely manner.
Mandate and Functions
1. Coordination of the work of Wardens and Counselors, Catering and Accommodation services, Sports and Games and Chaplaincy services
2. Coordination of the award of student loans and bursaries
3. Management of student clubs and societies
4. Financial management
• Tolerance: The Dean of Students Office will promote tolerance among students of diverse origins.
• Transparency: The Dean of Students Office shall uphold a culture of ethics and openness in dealing with her stakeholders in an open manner.
• Accountability: The Dean of Students Office shall uphold accountability in dealing with her stakeholders.
• Integrity: The Dean of Students Office shall promote, uphold and sustain social responsibility and environmental care.
• Equity: This entails ensuring fairness and inclusiveness in service delivery and access to opportunities in the Office and to students and other customers.
• Philosophy: Success of students’ welfare department will depend on visionary leadership, innovation and teamwork. We shall endeavor to train holistic students ready to face the challenges of a dynamic world.
Motto: Friendly, Fair and Firm
Value proposition: A home away from home for all students: it interrelates all students’ activities.
• To produce students who are self reliant and innovative as they face the world of work
• Cultivate proper discipline and correct attitude that will be useful for development of the nation
• To ensure that all students get financial assistance to see them through their academic programmes