The theme for this year’s conference, Science, Technology and Innovation for Sustainable Development, highlights the importance of scientific and technological research findings as applied towards sustainable industrialisation, resource exploitation and socio-economic growth. It also reflects the recognition of the fundamental role that science and technology and innovation play in wealth creation and general prosperity of mankind.
The sub-themes for the conference are:
- Basic and applied sciences for advancement of research and industrialisation.
- Recent developments in health sciences.
- Engineering technologies, built environment and infrastructure for industrialisation.
- Advances in information and communication technology.
- Policy, governance, cultural and socio-economic aspects of development.
- Harnessing agricultural potential for food security and industrialisation.
- Water, energy, environment and climate change.
- Innovative crop stress science for sustainable food production.