Science, technology and innovation continue to play a great role in enhancing industrialisation and socio-economic growth and must therefore be placed at the heart of the development process. That consistent use of science and technology (S&T) since 1960s led to dramatic economic growth of Newly Industrialised Countries (NICs) of Asia cannot be overstated. Most developing countries possess comparable S&T capacities and can thus attain economic prosperity by emulating the management techniques of these NICs.
JKUAT, in realisation of its important role in development of science and technology, and to complement the national efforts to achieve economic growth in line with its vision of becoming a world class institution of excellence for development, has organised the Annual Scientific, Technological and Industrialisation Conference since the year 2005, that has continually drawn participation from around the globe.
The objectives of this showcase are to:
- Provide a forum through which the University will highlight the ongoing contributions it is making to the society.
- To create a forum for constantly improving the University’s approach to development-oriented scientific research, as it strives to remain a leader in this area.
- Provide a forum for research peers from local and international institutions to discuss, share and publish vital information.
- Provide an opportunity for the industrial/business sectors and policy makers to interact with researchers, so as to get new ideas and products for infusion into the production system and research.
- Provoke policy makers to appreciate the need for substantial and long-term investments in scientific research, innovation and industrialisation.