ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The Sustainable Research and Innovation (SRI) Conferences are the successor to the Departmental Annual Seminars which were previously organized by the Department of Mechanical Engineering at JKUAT. The first seminar was held in 1995, under the theme: The Role of Mechanical Engineering in Changing Industry.” Thereafter, seven seminars were held annually until 2001. After a few years’ break, the annual seminars resumed in 2006 with the 8th series titled “Sustainable Research in Innovation.”
In 2010, these Departmental Seminars were scaled to international conference to run annually organized by the School of Mechanical, Manufacturing and Materials Engineering up to the year 2014. Since then, the SRI conference has been organized and run by the College of Engineering and Technology, JKUAT. The secretariat consists of a team drawn from schools and departments from the college headed by the principal.
SRI conferences have offered a platform for researchers and innovators in industry and academia to disseminate their research findings over the years. The conference has continued to grow and gain international profile with submissions and keynote speeches from within and outside the country.
2019 SRI Conference
This year’s conference will be held at IPIC between 8TH May and 10TH May 2019.
Dr. Sultan Amri, president of the company of the year award (KOYA) will be the Chief Guest. The keynote speakers are:
- Prof Ochieng Aoyi (PrEng, PhD), Director; Research and Development, Botswana International University of Science and Technology.
- Jinsoo Park, (PhD, Master Mariner), Emeritus Professor, Korean Maritime and Ocean University, College of Maritime Sciences.
- Prof. Adel Abdelmoneim Saleh Nofal (PhD) from Egypt.
The three day conference will have the following featuere:
- Opening ceremony
- Oral and Poster presentation sessions
- Keynote speeches from the industry and academia
- Tea breaks and Lunch
- Closing ceremony
- Conference dinner
The main theme for the conference is “SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT THROUGH TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION AND INDUSTRY LINKAGES” with the following sub-themes
Sustainable Power Transmission, Electronic and Telecommunication
- Optimization of power generation and transmission.
- Emerging communication improvement strategies
- Application of electronic technology in industrial automation and control
- Control engineering, robotics and informatics
- Networking, sensing and signal processing
Infrastructure Development and Environmental Management
- Optimization strategies in transport sector
- Application of GIS Technology
- Sustainable building materials
- Architectural design and construction technology
Mechanical & Manufacturing Systems & Energy Technologies
- New and renewable energy solutions
- Industrial automation, maintenance processes and quality control
- Materials and metallurgical engineering
- Oil and gas
- Mining and mineral processing
- Emerging manufacturing trends
- Aerospace engineering
- Marine engineering
- Industrial Engineering
Biosystems and Processing Engineering
- Chemical engineering and processing
- Agricultural engineering
- Water resources engineering
- Environmental management and engineering
- Climate change and pollution control
Telephone +254 755 509 081 / +254 743 124 518