Candidates are invited to carry out MSc/PhD research under the recently launched Research Chair in Manufacturing. The Research Chair focuses on technological innovation for quality and competitiveness in the coconut value chain.
The support will comprise a stipend, and funding for research materials.
The research focus for PhD candidates will be in the following areas:
1. Characterization and value addition of coconut and its products.
2. Development and optimization of machinery for processing of coconut products.
For MSc candidates, the focus will be in the following areas:
1. Social economics related to coconut value addition.
2. Development of cosmetics and beauty products from coconut.
3. Utilization of coconut biomass.
4. Characterization and value addition of coconut and its products.