DEPARTMENT OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND PROCUREMENT
MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIRPERSON
Welcome to the Department of Entrepreneurship and Procurement of Nairobi CBD Campus. This department was created in October, 2011 to accommodate the rapid and phenomenal growth of the Nairobi CBD Campus which has attracted a huge number of students since its inception in October, 2008.
With the advancement of science and technology which had impacted in several ways on the world economy, the global business landscape is continuously becoming unpredictable and turbulent. This turbulence therefore requires proactive strategies that enable a business to take advantage of new realities and convert turbulence into opportunities.
Our programs, curriculum and instructions are thus customized towards preparing the need for business decision makers, managers and leaders both in public and private sector to face up the realities and resist the temptations of yesterdays which are out to become the deleterious superstition of tomorrow.
The department currently offers programs under the school of human resource development both at postgraduate and undergraduate levels which can permit a perfect progression form one degree level to the other as follows:
- PhD – Human Resource Management
- PhD – Entrepreneurship
- PhD – Supply Chain Management
- Master of science in Human Resource Management
- Master of Science in Entrepreneurship
- Master of science in Procurement and Logistics Management
- Master of science in ICT Policy and Regulations
- Master of Project Management
- Master of Development Studies
- Bachelor of Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor Human Resource Management
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
The department had also been offering consultancy services both to the private and public sector clients mainly in the areas of business, management assistance, training and research. This due to its diverse and highly qualified human resource potential with wealth of experience in theoretical and practical knowledge in their areas of specialization.
I would like therefore to take this opportunity to register my appreciation with all the staffs and students of this department, the university management and the all other stakeholders for their contribution so far in the establishment and smooth operations of the department. I would also like to welcome the continuing, new and prospective students and assure them the department will offer accessible, affordable and quality training, research and innovation built on the tenets of the university core values and its vision of being a university of global Excellence in Training, Research and Innovation for Development.
Based on the environmental scanning and subsequent analysis of the result, the Department of Entrepreneurship and Procurement of Nairobi CBD Campus plans to undertake the following objectives:
- To improve the quality of teaching and examinations within the department.
- To raise and sustain academic standards of Nairobi CBD Campus and all JKUAT programmes
- To strengthen collaboration and linkages with the industries, research and development partners in Kenya and Abroad.
- To improve and expand necessary infrastructure for training and Research in the field of Entrepreneurship, Human Resource Procurement and Supply Chain Management.