Westlands Campus library:
The Campus library started offering information services when the Campus was established in 2001. The library endeavours to acquire and make available information resources both prints and electronic formats to all users to support the academic needs of the Campus students and staff. Users have access to over 3000 volumes. In addition, users can access multi-disciplinary electronic resources databases covering a wide range of academic programmes offered by the University. The Library has several computers dedicated to the users to access E-resources.
- To acquire and provide access to information resources in all formats for teaching, learning, research and innovation.
- To preserve and conserve information resources for posterity
- To enhance user education to maximize use of information resources
- To spearhead proactive transparent and accountable management of human and information resources and services.
- To provide a secure and conducive environment for library resources and users
- To strengthen collaboration and partnerships for information sharing.
Hours of operation
Monday to Friday 8.am – 6pm
Saturday 9am – 5pm
Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays
The library provides information services to both Undergraduate and Postgraduate students and staff. Services provided by the library include Reference, Loans, Inter-library loan, access to E-resources, Internet services, information searching & retrieval, Current awareness services as well as user instruction/ orientation.
Users are required to observe Library rules and regulation to ensure smooth provision of the library services. The rules are available in the link below:
Access to E-Journals
The library in conjunction with the Main Campus Library provides users with access to a collection of electronic databases and E-books. For more information on Journals available and how to access contact the Librarian. Some of these databases are accessible off -Campus.
The library has subscribed to electronic books from ScienceDirect. This is a rich database of electronic books in various fields such as Agricultural and biological sciences, Biochemistry, Genetics, Molecular biology, Biomedical science, medicine and dentistry, Chemistry, Computer science and Energy, Material science and Chemical engineering.
For access to the Library Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) click the link below: http://library.jkuat.ac.ke
Users interested in accessing electronic resources off- Campus can visit the library or send an email to: email@example.com