Pre-University Course for Business Studies: UQF Level 6 Certificate
Why study Pre-University Course for Business Studies?
This course is a diploma equivalent and students will be awarded with the appropriate certification at the end of the course. The course will equip students with the necessary knowledge and skills to prepare them for university undergraduate degree studies in business related courses. The units of study include commerce, economics, business mathematics, accounting, communication skills, IT, etc. Graduands from this course will qualify for admission to our Bachelor of Commerce (BCOM), Bachelor of Business Information Technology (BBIT) and Bachelor of Purchasing and Supplies Management degree programs.
What is the programme designed for?
The programme is specifically designed to students who missed university admission by just one principal, or those who have a diploma at pass grade or those who passed through 8.4.4 system of education. On successful completion with a distinction or credit, candidates will be qualified to apply for admission at our degree programmes.
What profession will the student be after graduating?
Knowledge: The holder of the Certificate shall have basic knowledge of the scope in the main areas of Business Studies and more extensive knowledge of some of the key areas in Business Studies including Commerce, Procurement, Purchasing and Supplies Management and Information Technology. Understand the major theories, principles and concepts of Business Studies.
Skills: The holder of the Certificate shall have skills for gathering basic information, analysis and presentation of the information that is qualitative as well as quantitative data in Business Studies using various methods including ICT.
Competencies: The holders of the Certificate shall be able to:
• Balance simple accounts books
• Write structurally and grammatically correct official letters
• Process basic business documents using word processing and spreadsheet software
• Make sound business decisions by applying arithmetic skills
• Identify sources of risks in banking industry and corresponding techniques of risk management
• Write simple programming statements and perform programming languages at beginners’ level
• Prepare and maintain proper records for purchases
• Qualify to enroll at Higher Education Institute for further studies in Business Studies
Programme Duration and Course Structure
• Programme Status: Full time, one year (2 semesters)
• Mode of delivery: face to face
Minimum Admission Requirements.
• NQF Level 5 (Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education) with ONE Principal and ONE subsidiary passes, OR
• Ordinary diploma holder with a pass grade, OR
• Full Technician Certificate (FTC) with a pass grade, OR
• Kenyan candidates: Form IV with KCSE pass of a minimum aggregate of C+ and a minimum of C in Mathematics and English.
Download Course Units