To be an exemplary linkage between JKUAT and JKUAT accredited centres.
To strengthen and expand collaboration and partnerships with institutions offering JKUAT external academic programmes.
MANDATE AND FUNCTIONS
- To co-ordinate JKUAT accredited academic programmes at academic institutions other than JKUAT.
- To ensure that prospective students admitted to the JKUAT accredited centres meet the basic admission criteria as required by the university regulations.
- To ensure that student matters are fairly and expeditiously handled, both at the accredited centres and JKUAT.
- To ensure that the academic quality of the programmes offered at accredited centres meets the stipulated standards of JKUAT and other regulatory bodies in the education and training sectors.
- To co-ordinate the smooth administration and processing of examinations for JKUAT accredited courses at the centres.
- To efficiently co-ordinate the preparation and release of examination results and graduation lists of JKUAT students at the centres.
- To encourage the development of appropriate programmes for specialized non-degree training in different fields in line with the JKUAT strategic plan and the national vision of 2030.
- To liaise with other offices of the University in the JKUAT accreditation processing of prospective centres.
- To promote the establishment of JKUAT accredited centres throughout the country in order to enable students from all over the country access quality higher education at close proximity to their locations.
- To mentor centres in providing quality university education that espouses the strategic goals of JKUAT and the national vision of 2030.
- To expand, strengthen and sustain the university income base through collaboration and partnerships with centres.
CEP is committed to upholding the following core values as espoused by the University:
- Quality: Offer, promote and sustain quality service to all its stakeholders.
- Productivity and Team Work: The University Council, Senate, management, staff, centres, JKUAT students at the centres and alumni will promote optimum performance and team spirit to achieve the Vision, Mission and Strategic Objectives of the University.
- Transparency and Accountability: Uphold a culture of ethics, transparency and accountability in dealing with her stakeholders.
- Professionalism: Uphold and maintain high standards of expertise and professionalism, in everything she does.
- Innovation: Endeavour to utilize the latest, up to date and most appropriate technology in achieving her objectives.
- Integrity: Promote, uphold and sustain strong moral principles in all decisions and actions.
- Self Development: Endeavour to provide opportunities for self development to her staff.
- Dynamism: Demonstrate initiative and responsiveness to changing trends in service provision.
JKUAT Strategic Objectives are detailed in the Strategic Plan, 2009-2012 and the CEP is heavily guided by these objectives. In response to environmental analysis, CEP plans to undertake the following specific objectives during the next twelve months:
- Encourage and facilitate the accreditation of new JKUAT programmes at JKUAT accredited centres.
- Facilitate the increase in student enrolment at the accredited centres.
- Provide efficient and accountable management to expedite student admissions, student matters, examination administration and processing, and release of examination results.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing and publicity strategy framework of JKUAT Programmes to the Kenyan public.
- Work with DAQA in drawing up new and revised quality assurance guidelines for the efficient and effective monitoring and evaluation of academic programmes at accredited centres.
- Expand, strengthen and sustain revenue collection from JKUAT accredited centres.
- Build institutional capacity by:
- Increasing internal staff training programs.
- Strengthen collaboration and linkages with JKUAT accredited centres through regular consultative meetings.