Welcome to the international students section. Here you will find information about international students at JKUAT. Use the links provided to access information of interest.
JKUAT boasts of a large population of international students who enrich our cultural diversity. The number is growing steadily and it is expected that the number will exceed 300 following measures instituted to enhance recruitment and support of the international students.
New International Students
The following are the new international students who joined the University since January 2012.
NAME COURSE NATIONALITY
- Garang Deng Garang Civil Engineering Southern Sundan
- Byebi Basema Fabrice Civil Engineering Congo
- Munyemana Blaise Mechanical Engineering Rwanda
- Uwamungu Schifra Haematology and BT Rwanda
- Mattias Orregard Thesis Sweden
- Seble Haile Welday MSc. Microbiology Eritrea
- Ghebreeghe Tesfamariam Zeru MSc Design Eritrea
- Yacob Ghebretinsae Asgedom MBA Eritrea
- Mogos Nerayo Keleta MSc. Developmental Studies Eritrea
- Letensse Tseggai Hadgu MSc. Water Engineering Eritrea
- Haile Araya Nigusse MSC. Cicil Engineering Eritrea
- Beraki Bahre Mihari MSc. Soil and Water Engineering Eritrea
- Sebhatu Kefleyesus MBA Eritrea
- Tesfamichael Semere Mallu MSc. Plant Breeding Eritrea
- Kahsay Negusse Zeraebruk PhD. Cival Engineering Eritrea
- Olaniran Olawoye Pre-Doctorial in Entreprenewship Nigeria
- Bela Braune MSc. Physics Germany
- Larissa Boie BSc. Physics Germany
The above students join an already high number of international students at JKUAT.
ALISO wishes all the international students the very best as they per sue their courses.
The following are comments from some of our past international students:
On the cultural and social level these two semesters in JKUAT have taught me a lot. To find new friends in Kenya is not difficult since people are very open minded.
In Physics my most important experience has been a research project on new solar energy concepts. Which place can be better for that than in Kenya?”
Bjorn Witt on Exchange from Germany, Albert-Ludwig University Freiburg, B.Sc. Physics Fourth Year
Kauma M. Chinamale from Malawi, M.Sc. Horticulture Second Year
Rurangwa Edward from Rwanda, M.Sc. Horticulture Second Year
I am now pursuing a doctor of science in horticulture. The University is well equipped and staff highly qualified. The University fraternity is easy to get along with.”
Wanyama David from Uganda, Ph.D Horticulture