Categories of Updates
- Another JKUAT Scholar bags the prestigious Mandela Washington Fellow
- Dr. Churchill Saoke takes over as ALISO Director
- Alumni to mentor 1000 primary school kids with their initiative
- JKUAT alumnus excelling in innovation
- Alumnus among 30 Kenyans who won top UK scholarships
- ALUMNUS ADDRESSES PROFESSORS LUNCHEON
- Prepare for the job you deserve!
- Alumnus Featured as the STAR of the Week
- Associate Systems Engineer at EMC
@JKUATALISO TweetsLoad More...
Spiritual leaders Prof. Njoroge & Dr. Rev. J. Wakaba @DiscoverJKUAT Graduation #JKUATPAUGrad 29th Graduation 🎓 27th June 2017
#JKUATPAUGrad Today marks a very important day for the Students who have been studying @DiscoverJKUAT And have been able to perform well
Alumni and International Students Office
The Directorate of Alumni and International Student’s Office was established in May 2008 to coordinate alumni programmes in the University. In November 2008 it was mandated to be responsible for the welfare of international students. Prior to the establishment of ALISO, the alumni affairs at the University were handled exclusively by the Alumni Association supported by a liaison officer provided by the University. Unfortunately, this arrangement did not lead to strong alumni programmes that could effectively play the role provided for in the JKUAT Act of 1994.
The director reports to the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic Affairs). For the day to day running of the office, there is a Board of Alumni Affair (BAA) that advises the director. The board is also charged with the responsibility of developing alumni policies in the university. The Alumni Association with a team of elected office bearers continues to be the umbrella body of the JKUAT alumni.
ALISO was established to support the Alumni Association so that the Association can play its role effectively in the University. It also supports the International students to ensure that they integrate easily into the local environment and improve their experience while at JKUAT. Please use the links provided to navigate through the site. Thank you and welcome.